Werkman BLACK Validation
MOTION TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Werkman BLACK takes your skills to the next level!
Werkman BLACK’s data is 100% reliable. The official scientific report will follow shortly.
- 1 sound, non-lame horse was guided at a measuring track on firm
(concrete covered with specific paper) and penetrable (arena
bedding), plane surfaces
- The horses was guided 15 x in walk and 15 x in trot on firm surface –
the walk was considered good when the right front hoof touched the
ground in the examination window 2x to obtain one full stride
- The horses was guided 15 x in walk and 15 x in trot on penetrable
surface – the walk was considered good when the right front hoof
touched the ground in the examination window 2x to obtain one full
Each walk was recorded by 3 cameras
- 1 high-speed camera (1000 fps) for lateral perspective.
- 1 high- speed camera for frontal perspective.
- 1 camera to record overall set-up.
High-Speed Video Kinematography
Assessment of Stride Length
Marker attachment for optoelectronic motion analysis
- High-speed videos were prepared by optimizing brightness and contrast to ease marker visibility a the hooves.
- By watching the videos from the overall-camera the stride of interest has been selected from the BLACK data.
- The stride of interested was recorded from the lateral high-speed camera and subsequentlyanalyzed with Tracker®.
Optoelectronic motion analysis with Tracker®
- Tracker is the established standard method for motion analysis used to validate the Werkman BLACK sensor.
- Computer program used for video analysis.
- Reference points on a horse‘s leg are marked and a video with the horse in motion is recorded.
- In subsequent analysis, Tracker® allowes automatic tracking of reference markers to calculate timing charactersitics of the object in motion.
Definition of a frame (= sequence of analysis)
Determination of a scale for calibration – (0,210 m)
Determination of the coordinate system
- Use of the „Autotrack“ function for optoelectronic motion tracling of the referece marker
- Definition of the evaluation rate and automark
- Definition of start point of the video and the field of search
Output: Time Diagramm (ms) showing motion of the reference marker in three dimensions
Comparison between both systems of
- Landing duration
- Mid stance duration
- Breakover duration
- Stance duration
- Swing duration
- Sride length